Article provided by: Econo Lube N' Tune & Brakes
Business longevity is one of the most important indicators of service quality and credibility. This is the reason why we at Econo Lube N’Tune & Brake boast of our over four decades of experience in the automotive repair and maintenance service industry. Join our list of countless clients who experienced our exceptional and high-quality repair and maintenance services such as tune up in San Antonio by trusting us with your beloved vehicles.
What is Included in Tune Up?
While there is no absolute set of procedures that strictly defines a tune up service, your vehicle will most likely undergo the following processes when you send it for this type of maintenance service:
- Inspection of your car’s fuel system – this procedure ensures that your fuel filter is free from clog and dirt. Note that a clogged filter can damage the fuel pump.
- Inspection of the spark plugs – this is carried out to ensure that they are in good condition and that they are still functioning properly.
- Replacement of your car’s points and condenser when needed.
- Assessment of the ignition timing and adjustment if necessary.
- Inspection of the engine’s PCV valve.
- Examination of your car’s engine and cabin air filters.
- Assessment of oil and coolant levels.
When Should You Get a Tune Up?
If you own a vehicle with electronic ignition and fuel injection systems, you can schedule a tune up service every 25,000 miles or even as high as 100,000 miles. However, if your car has a non-electronic ignition system, you need to send it for tune up every year or every time it hits 10,000 to 12,000 miles.
Apart from counting the miles, you can also be wary of the following warning signs that it is time for your ignition system to be tuned or adjusted:
- Your vehicle is stalling often.
- Your car engine is running roughly even when it is idle or you are not accelerating.
- You find it difficult to start your car.
Is Tune Up Necessary?
Yes. Sending your vehicle for a tune up service is necessary as it provides the following benefits:
- Ensures that your car engine runs at optimal power.
- Helps in maximizing gas mileage.
- Prolongs the overall life of your car.
- Helps your car run more smoothly and more efficiently.
- Helps spot car issues before they worsen.
- Ensures that damaged or worn out parts or components are immediately replaced.
- Ensures that professionals can readily tighten, repair, or address engine components and issues.
- Helps you save money since car issues can be immediately addressed and your car can run efficiently for many years.
If you are looking for a car service shop that offers remarkable tune up in San Antonio, trusts us at Econo Lube N’Tune & Brake. Our professional and highly-skilled technicians will ensure that your car will be running more efficiently than ever after we are done. Schedule an appointment today so you can experience firsthand why we have been a leader in the industry for decades.Tune Up San Antonio
View Larger Map